Monday, January 2, 2012

"No Kiss Blogfest" ... Pride & Prejudice



In the course of visiting some of my bloggy friends this morning, I came across a mention for the "3rd Annual No Kiss Blogfest," being hosted by Frankie Diane Mallis. Thank you Medeia for writing about it!

To participate, all you have to do is include a clip or excerpt from a favorite film, book, or your own work-in-progress (WIP), depicting a kiss that never happened.

I've included a clip of my favorite "no kiss" from the 2005 film adaptation of Jane Austen's PRIDE & PREJUDICE (one of the few books I've read twice). The scene starts immediately following a marriage proposal (not shown) that is poorly delivered by Mr. Darcy. Rather it comes off more as an insult. What is it about the guys in this time-period? Same thing happens in Jane Eyre. I digress ...

Anyhow, I never tire of watching this film.

Enjoy the sparks. : )

15 comments:

  1. I love this scene too. And the way one of Darcy's first responses is "are you laughing at me?" is so perfect ha! It hurts his pride to think it! Even more than the idea she's REJECTING him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite scenes in the movie. It's so well-done and at the same time I'm like whydon'ttheyjustkissalready but their kissing scenes at the end of the movie make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! The two other scenes I LOVE are when he helps her into her the carriage catching her totally off-guard and at the end of the movie when they see each other across the meadow at sunrise. Talk about getting the goosebumps. Nice to meet you and thanks for stopping by on the blog hop. What a great idea. : D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great clip! I've never seen the movie*hides behind a rock* but lately i've been fascinated with books so maybe i'll add this to my reading list! Thanks for sharing amiga!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, huh?! His social skills need some serious fine-tuning. *LOL* This is what makes him such an alluring hero for me. Man -- now I want to watch it. Again. Thanks visiting me and nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amiga, don't go hiding behind a rock! *LOL* I haven't read The Thirteen Senses or Rain of Gold, yet. We complement each other with our interests. Makes life more interesting when we can learn from each other. I'm telling you, though, there's some great tension and good old drama in this novel. Regency-era mean girls and cat-fights. If you get a chance, rent the DVD. : ))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frankie Diane MallisJanuary 2, 2012 at 7:15 PM

    Sooooo good, everytime! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I love it....Mrs. Darcy, Mrs. Darcy, Mrs. Darcy....buuuuuua me voy a poner a llorar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Essssoooooooo!!! Yeah, baby. Cuantas veces la has visto?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frankie, thank you for hosting it! I'm going to have fun exploring everybody's entries. : D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen this movie yet, but now I want to watch it. I was thinking they should kiss already. These are great scenes I've been viewing and reading on this blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is the perfect and yet most agonizing of no-kisses! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Bianca! Make you want to push them together, huh? : D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Medeia, think you would really enjoy it. Tension, tension, tension! The entries are fun. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, now I need to rewatch this movie. Thanks for posting this one, love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)