Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pencils: I Dreamt of You Last Night

                                             Source: yellowtrace.com.au via Lillian on Pinterest

Pencils

by Ezzy G. Languzzi

An army of pencils
Surrounded my bed
Was it all just a dream?
Was it all in my head?
Unfurled like a carpet
A rainbow of colors
This army of pencils
Made way for the others

They invaded my thoughts
Permeated my being
Sharpened and crying,
We hear you breathing!

Oh, no you don't, I said.
You're no gift, but a curse
You come when you want
Go, now
Disperse!

In a stupor I battled
Weary and tired
Until I'd pushed every-single-last-one
Into a fire

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful images, Ezzy. A bit scary, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading, Tony. It did, actually, scare me quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a dream I've never heard of before. I loved your poem. I felt like I was in your dream with you. Wonder if your dream is somehow related to studying!!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracias, Tara. Sabes lo que yo pienso? I think my dream was trying to tell me to stop being such a coward about my writing and to just write. That's my uneducated analysis! I'm glad you liked it.
    : ))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! Heed the warning and keep sharing your writing! Your are very talented, Ezzy. It's a shame to keep that all inside. Give us your gifts of poetry any time---love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que lindo! This is so beautiful. You made me want to go play with pencils. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gracias, Amiga. Funny how that happens. Eh? Un abrazote. : )

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)