Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Year In Pictures


I didn't want to let the year end without sharing some of the moments that stand out in my memory.

2013 is the first year since I moved to Massachusetts that I've seen this much snowfall. Note the snow at the entrance to the garage. And I live here because …

One thing's for sure, this is not where I plan to spend my Golden Years.



Human Development Across the Lifespan was an intensive summer course that I took in which we were required to present our stages of development with a thirty minute presentation at the end of the course. The class was intense not only in the volume of material we covered in seven weeks, but, also, because of the intense emotions and life experiences shared by our cohort.

I think it was the first time I didn't dread knowing a presentation awaited me. My biggest worry was that I wouldn't be able to talk for thirty minutes about myself. Much to my surprise I was so into my presentation that I lost track of time talking about my family and ancestors. The class laughed when I flashed a slide that said to "Google at your own risk."

It was while I wrote my presentation that I discovered that an actual word exists for healing with books: bibliotherapy.

Yes, books heal. 


Hispanicize reinvigorated me. It was loud, colorful and charged with energy. This has become an annual event where I look forward to spending time with mis blogueras amigas-hermanas



Our son is not a little boy, anymore.


Maine in the summer is where I wish to be.


These are smiles that make me happy.

Pearl (top right) arrived via USPS recently. She replaced my rooster Richard (bottom) who had to go live on a local farm where he could do what he does best -- crow. Thank God for great neighbors.



I love Latism and everything it stands for. It's challenged me to step into discomfort. I am a better person because of it. Life is colorless without a sense of community.


I accomplished a lot this year and continue to learn about myself. My two biggest goals for 2014 are to graduate in May and secure a job in my field of study.

Happy New Year, my friends. :-)

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos. My first reaction was wow! to all that snow.
    Happy New Year! luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Letty! Te aprecio. The countdown to Hispz#14 has begun. :-)

      Delete
  2. I knew you could write (p.s. still waiting for your novel) but never realized you took killer pics! A boxed wine toast to 2014 and BB's fav Muchachitas!! BB2U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! BB, I cannot wait. We're going to have us some fun. :-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos Amiga! Happy I got to see you in 2013 and hope to see you in 2014!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing year! Though I am sad we didn't see each other this year I can't even put in words what your friendship has meant to me. YOU ARE AMAZING! I look forward to seeing you this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby, it was a CRAZY year. It's no wonder I had a difficult time focusing. lol You've been a wonderful friend to me. Thank you for your friendship. Let's make that trip to Boston happen!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)