Thursday, January 2, 2014

What Books Will You Read In 2014?


Have you set a reading goal for 2014? In previous years, I've attempted to read a book a week, something that would probably be more achievable if I weren't in school. I'm not complaining, though. Although I've never met my reading goal, except for a book or two, I've been pleased with my choices.

If you follow me on Goodreads, you've probably noticed that most of my ratings are 4 or 5 stars. I know some might be annoyed by that. What can I say? I enjoy most of what I read. If a book touches me personally, teaches me something, or makes me laugh, it's almost certain I'll give it a high rating.

So, rather than set a number goal for 2014, I'm picking several titles from those scattered about my home. These are books that have traveled from room-to-room without being read, for no good reason. I need to read them!

Aside from these, we'll see what piques my interest.

Here's my short list. 

2 comments:

  1. You are by far the most well read person I know. I've never seen anyone read more. I've never really made any reading goals because I'm always reading. Right now it's non fiction books about writing. I do have a Latino lit short story book I want to get to next. I've been devouring short stories lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Letty, Thank you. I don't know why, exactly, but I've always had a really hard time getting into short stories. Flash fiction, too. The shortest I can read without feeling like I'm missing something is a novella. You'll have to share some of what you're learning from your books about writing!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)