Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Guts of Fiction

This morning, while poking around flash fiction writer Tony Noland's blog, I came across this *clears throat* peculiar illustration. Looks organic, huh?


At first glance, the way its body curved and waved, I thought it might be some kind of mutant jelly fish or octopus that belonged in a jar of formaldehyde. Maybe even somebody's intestinal tract. That was until I ZOOMED IN. Close.

Go ahead. Don't be afraid. It won't bite. Click on it to view it full-size on Tony's original's post. The detail is awesome.

I love it!

2 comments:

  1. That was neat!

    At first I thought it was an alien brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally. Space Opera. Had never even heard of it! LOL : )

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)