Monday, January 2, 2012

"No Kiss Blogfest" ... Pride & Prejudice



In the course of visiting some of my bloggy friends this morning, I came across a mention for the "3rd Annual No Kiss Blogfest," being hosted by Frankie Diane Mallis. Thank you Medeia for writing about it!

To participate, all you have to do is include a clip or excerpt from a favorite film, book, or your own work-in-progress (WIP), depicting a kiss that never happened.

I've included a clip of my favorite "no kiss" from the 2005 film adaptation of Jane Austen's PRIDE & PREJUDICE (one of the few books I've read twice). The scene starts immediately following a marriage proposal (not shown) that is poorly delivered by Mr. Darcy. Rather it comes off more as an insult. What is it about the guys in this time-period? Same thing happens in Jane Eyre. I digress ...

Anyhow, I never tire of watching this film.

Enjoy the sparks. : )