Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award


Thank you to Chantilly Patiño, author of Bicultural Mom and host of the Multicultural Awareness Blog Carnival, for awarding me the Versatile Blogger Award. *waves* Un beso! <3

So here we go, otra vez -- again. Sharing some more dirt ; D ...
  1. I trained and worked as a volunteer probation officer.
  2. French was my favorite and best subject in high school.
  3. My favorite summer snack is watermelon doused in lemon juice and sprinkled with chili powder.
  4. I met my husband in Las Vegas.
  5. I've always envied women with beautiful straight hair (my sisters!).
  6. I fell out-of-love with PRINCE when he became a symbol.
  7. Listening to funk from the late 70's, and early 80's, always gets me in a writing mood.
Now to list some blogs I've recently discovered:

Bicultural Mom
Chantilly's blog is filled with passionate posts discussing such topics as parenting, marriage, learning disabilities, diversity, racial injustice and immigration. Her position on these issues is clear. She encourages intelligent and respectful dialogue and is a great conversationalist.

Cheryl Rainfield
Cheryl is a survivor of sexual abuse and the author of the award-winning young-adult book SCARS. She's outspoken about victim's and children's rights and has been able to help countless other's by speaking openly about her trauma. She just recently sold her second young-adult book.

Florecita Growing Up
Flor is a mother, activist and survivor of domestic-abuse. She's a strong women who's passionate about culture, heritage and immigration. I find inspiration and strength in her beautiful photography, poetry and writing.

Julio Varela
A thought-provoking blogger and social media expert, Julio is a political commentator, creator of the #bcivil and #latinolit hashtags, and author of novel-in-progress Franky Benítez.

La Dulce Vida
Adriana's uplifting photo-blog is filled poetry and images of family, culture and food -- balm for the soul.

Latinaish
Tracy López is a "Latina muy gringa" and proof-positive that Latinidad is a state-of-mind. She's the creator and host of #SpanishFriday and an avid reader.

Me and The Mexican
Tara's blog is a funny, clever and inviting perspective on the life of a "gringa casada con un Mexicano - white girl married to a Mexican." Her blog always makes me smile, teaching me a little something about lo Mexicano in her posts.

8 comments:

  1. TY is truly an honour to be recognized by my peers. I will add a link to this post on my award page and put a link to the post on my next entry.
    Again thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adriana, you're welcome! I love your blog. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Love it! Thank you for including me hermana! I love your description of my blog and I'm happy that it has become an extension of my personality. I'm so happy for the relationship that we've found and all the interesting conversations we've had about topics that can be difficult for some to voice there opinions on. I love that I can always count on you for an interesting convo! P.S. We got an interesting package in the mail today...lol. I'll be writing about you on Monday! Hehehe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chantilly, the last couple months' conversations have been awesome. I feel blessed to have found your blog. If not for that Spanglish post where I stumbled across you in the comments section *LOL* ... : D

    So I'm busted, huh? Gracias a ti, amiga, en serio. [Thank you, my friend, seriously.] xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ezzy!

    This made my day! How sweet of you!
    I'm so glad you like my blog. Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm funny or not.

    My post for the carnival is a little more serious, but then I'll be getting back to my ordinary yet unpredictable vida.

    Thank you for mentioning me amiga! **blushing**
    I am honored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara, yes -- you're funny! I crack up every time I think about "La Rata Con Dos Patas. [The rat with two legs.]" I look forward to your posts and am glad we met, thanks to Spanish Friday. : ) I know what you mean about the blog carnival. I'm staring at two books here on my kitchen island that I read this week, both pretty heavy subject-matter and trying to decide which one to write about. Looking forward to your post, chica.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Chantilly....... oops! LOL

    @ Ezzy, i'm so glad i'm funny! I try, but ya never know if someone gets your humor! (like, are you funny to others or just yourself.... because i think i'm hilarious!)

    I can't wait to read your post as well. What a great idea Chantilly had!

    ((abrazos))

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)