Monday, April 16, 2012

Butterflies in Miami

JW Marriot Marquis, Miami


By Ezzy G. Languzzi

They descended on Miami
Butterflies in a mist
Wings touching, souls dancing
Hearts open in earnest

From faraway places
Seen only in dreams
Wedded by language
Yet not all the same

colombianas
guatemaltecas
boricuas
cubanas
venezolanas
uruguayas
Y unas cuantas mexicanas

Women stunning
Unforgettable
Both in heart and mind
Giving and sharing
Not one unkind

Mothers, wives
Sisters, daughters
Journalists, fotógrafas
Fashionistas y artists

Butterflies embracing life
With vigor and laughter
Stars and sparkle in eyes
Aspiring to be better

After many tears and much banter
These butterflies
Returned home
Hermanas, amigas
Seeds of friendship sown

They captivated my mind
Set on fire my imagination
Mis hermanas
Mis amigas
Left me longing for more time
Mariposas bonitas
I didn't want to say, "Good-bye."




11 comments:

  1. Te quedo tan lindo este poema. Todavia no me acostumbro pero super feliz con mis recuerdos. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely poem...very touching. these butterflies will meet again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabi Borges Mommy BitacoraApril 16, 2012 at 4:58 PM

    LOVE IT!!!!!! gracias q belleza de poema!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ezzy,
    What a beautiful poema! I can just imagine what a wonderful time you had in Miami and the beautiful women and friends you spent time with. I hope one day I will have the chance to meet you too! Abrazos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok,si, you made Babushka blubber. Thank goodness for waterproof mascara!

    What a joy to have met you and the other muchachitas, and thank you all for making esta vieja loca feel amongst friends.


    BB2U

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)