Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Are You Sleeping With Your Smartphone?

Sleeping With Your Smartphone by Leslie A. Perlow
(Burlington, MA -- Barnes & Noble)
Look at what I stumbled on while perusing the new non-fiction at B&N this morning. LMAO over this one, partly because of how ridiculous the title sounds, but also because this shamefully applies to me. Just add some rizos to this wackadoodle and replace the Blackberry with the iPhone.

Apparently I'm not the only one ailing from cell phone separation anxiety. Here's my explanation: I reason that if the phone's on the nightstand, should there be an emergency in the middle of the night, you know the kind that involves a house fire, or no electricity, it's within arm's length.

Let's be real. The temptation is too hard to resist. Pinterest. Twitter. Work email. Personal email. Facebook. Da blog. You know what I'm talking about.

Me thinks it's time to set some boundaries. Sorry, Chulo, but it's time to move you across the room.

What do you say? Are you enraptured by your smartphone?

p.s. I have this habit of taking pictures of books and uploading them to Evernote for archiving. It's helpful for when I'm not in the mood to buy but want to archive (without adding to Goodreads). Call me eccentric. :-)