Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Being Comfortable With Vulnerable




"Maybe stories are just data with a soul." Brené Brown

Happy Wednesday! Wanted to share with you, today, this inspiring TEDX by research professor Brené Brown titled "The Power of Vulnerability," which was shared with me and a group of my bloguera amigas by Sofia Keck over at Living La Vida Blogging. I encourage you to pour yourself a cup of hot cocoa or coffee, grab something to write with and listen to what Brené Brown has to say about how authenticity, creativity, shame, vulnerability and self-acceptance are all interrelated.

There's nothing boring about her talk, in fact, she has a great sense of humor. I loved it. Her message resonated with me. "Tell the story of who you are with your whole heart," she says. Harder for me to grasp is the concept that being vulnerable is beautiful, because I've always equated vulnerability with pain, which I guess is her point. To grow, to be real, we have to hurt a little.

In case you're one of the 4 million+ viewers who've already seen it, watch it, again. It's that great. :-)

Does any of what she says speak to you?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks amiga!! I will watch this when I get home :)

    XOXOXO
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched but just from what you have quoted I can see i'm in for a treat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like watching TEDtalks. I like to feed my brain ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ezzy!! Hadn't visited you in a long while. I always enjoy your positivity. Can't help to be engulfed. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know how many times I have sat down to start watching this and then LIFE gets in my way! LOL I think the count is up to 5! I am going to watch it tonight and will comment after I finally finish! Just from the couple of minutes I did get to watch, I'm intrigued! This lady is comical and interesting.... cant wait to hear what she has to say after the 5 mins!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)