Thursday, October 25, 2012

Off to Latism12 in Houston! ... Er, Almost



This girl's got her red boots on with no where to go.

Well, not exactly.

I was supposed to be on a 9:45 a.m. flight that slammed its gates shut 10 minutes early. So, I sit here, anxiously, awaiting the next flight to Houston, where the 2012 Latinos in Social Media Conference, #Latism12, is being held.

I'm super excited and can't wait to get there. Between the inspiring and educational panels, the keynote speakers, Latin-themed entertainment, and generous sponsors, such as Johnson & Johnson and Toyota, #Latism12 will be the chicken soup that my soul needs to replenish and reconnect with all the wonderful blogueras I've had the privilege of getting to know over the last couple of years, women such as Pink Guayoyo, AutismWonderland, Growing Up Blackxican and La Familia Cool.

Even better, several Latino authors will be signing books, like Sabrina Vourvoulias, whose debut INK released last week. I had the opportunity to get to know Sabrina at last year's conference and look forward to interviewing her this weekend about her science fiction book that depicts a grim handling of immigrants in the U.S. Very disturbing and reminiscent of historical events.

If things couldn't get any better, to close the conference on Saturday, Nely Galan's The Adelante Movement, an organization that promotes Latina leadership, will present its program and feature keynote Sandra Cisneros, author of House on Mango Street. Hello!

Yeah, I CAN'T WAIT and they're calling my gate ... nos vemos. :-)



LATISM12

9 comments:

  1. safe travels I love the boots I want a pair. Missing you and wish I too would be going to see you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Adri! Wish you and the girls could be here. It really is an inspiring event. Hey, I say you get yourself some red botas. :-)

      Delete
  2. Enjoy taking those red hott boots for a spin. You wear them well.

    Can't wait to hear more about your #Latism adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it babe....I know you will have lots of fun! you deserve it amiga! hope you have fun in my ex- town Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog you've got here Ezzy :)
    And those are a good pair of boots you've got on your feet.

    Keep posting :)

    Regards

    Jay
    http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your red boots amiga! I can't wait to hear all about LATISM 12!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had fun in Houston wearing those botas, amiga! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wish I had been there w you :/ but this time the hubby had to travel so I had to hold the fort. Next year!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)