Saturday, July 9, 2011

Peru ... En Mis Sueños | Peru ... In My Dreams


Source: Wikipedia/Machu Picchu



En su corazón de corazones, sí pudieras ir a cualquier parte del mundo, a donde irias?

Sueño que algún día llegara a la cumbre de una montaña en peru que se llama Machu Picchu, el lugar donde los incas hicieron su asilo entre la brisa y las nubes.

---

In your heart of hearts, if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I dream that one day I'll reach the summit of a mountain in Peru called Machu Picchu, the place where the Incas made their sanctuary among the mist and the clouds.


Source: Wikipedia/Inca Trail

No tengo un hueso atletico, asi que estoy segura que me la pasaría trompezandome mas que caminando las treinta y cinco millas que me tomaría llegar as las ruinas de esta civilización antigua. ¿Cuatro días? No solo temo lo que encontraría en este camino maravilloso, pero también fantaseo del lo que se ha de sentir ascender entre brisa y selvas a esta cumbre, hasta los brasos del sol. Que rico.

                                     ¿Me hallarán allí?

---

I don't have an athletic bone is this body, so I'm certain I'd spend most of my time stumbling, than walking, the thirty-five miles it would take to reach the ruins of this ancient civilization. Four days? I fear and am in awe of everything I'd find along this marvelous trail and fantasize about what it must feel like to ascend through mist and jungle to the sun's warm embrace.

                                Will you find me there?




Siempre que pienso de peru, se me vienen imagenes de llamas ... 


Sé que la mayoría de las niñas pequeñas piden un "pony" para sus cumpleaños ... no yo.
Yo siempre he querido una llama. No me molesta que escupen.
¿Sabias que las llamas son animales sociales y inteligentes?

---

I know most little girls ask for a "pony" for their birthdays ... not me.
I've always wanted a llama. It doesn't bother me that they spit.
Did you know that llamas are social and intelligent animals?



Por que todos debemos de saber identificar las diferentes partes de una llama ... nunca sabes.
Because we should all be able to identify the different parts of a llama ... you never know.

Source: Wikipedia/Llama
1 Ears  2 Poll  3 Withers  4 Back  5 Hip  6 Croup  7 Base of Tail  8 Tail  9 Buttock  10  Hock  11 Metatarsal Gland  12 Heel  13 Cannon Bone  14 Gaskin  15 Llama Cock  16 Flank  17 Barrel  18 Elbow  19 Pastern  20 Fetlock  21 Knee  22 Chest  23 Point of Shoulder  24 Should 25 Throat  26 Cheek or Jowel  27 Muzzle



Source: Wikipedia/Machu Picchu

¿No se ve tentador este mapa, con todos sus caminos y cuevas para explorar?
Doesn't this map look enticing with all its trails and caves to explore?


Espero llegar un día allí.
I hope to make there one day.



Este video es muy interesante -- pero si te espantan los cadaveres, no lo mires!



Cinco palabras que voy a estudiar esta semana (los acentos me vuelven loca!):
Five words I'm going to study this week (the accent marks drive me crazy!):
  1. Cumbre/cima = peak or summit
  2. Corazón = heart
  3. Asilo = sanctuary
  4. Montaña = mountain
  5. Hallar = to find (not "allar" ; )





9 comments:

  1. So beautiful and peaceful. It is like a treasure that you find if you can survive the four days to get there. You can almost feel the magic in the pictures...Imagine how powerful that would be in person! Lovely. Thank you for sharing this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, my best-friend from college travelled there during her stay in South America after our graduation and her stories of climbing the mountain mesmerized me. I'd even brave the ginormous spiders to get there. It really sounds like a truly life-altering experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you made me want to go to Machu Picchu ... Feel like I was there for 5 minutes while reading your post. Super entertaining, educational and enchanting. Loved it, Ezzy!

    Now I know that llama's don't have ankles. They have "metatarsals" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something magical about a city up in the clouds. If I ever get the chance I would love to visit. Can you imagine the sunset or the sunrise from there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vamos, amigas! Tracy, maybe we can bring one back home. ; D Letty, I'd love to catch both sunrise and sunset. Adrkana, en serio?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was discussing Peru with a friend not too long ago. I'd love to go there some day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMg comadre, I've been wanting to go to Peru too! To Machu Picchu, the Nazca Lines, etc! I'm totally with you on this! LOL! Really excellent post! You've tempted my inner explorer! =) You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've dreamt of visiting Machu Picchu also! I'd love to visit Peru period! There is no way I'd miss out on exploring Machu Picchu though if I was there. Oh, and I'm a big lover of quinoa (a grain) and imagine my surprise when I found out it is from Peru!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)