Friday, February 15, 2013

Got a Little #BlogLuv

Valentine's gift exchange I received from Xenia at Raised by Culture

I'm feeling like a lucky girl, tonight. Look at all the goodies I received from Xenia at Raised by Culture! Xenia and I met when I was invited to join BlogLuv, a blog group created by my friend and paisan RubyDW over at Growing Up Blackxican. Thank you, Ruby, for creating the Valentine's Day Gift exchange and for your friendship and support.

I remember being so gun-shy when I first started blogging, then thinking that nobody would be interested in anything I had to say. Well, let me tell you something, blogging has pulled me out of my shell and the experience has transformed me ... I've recovered my voice and have developed friendships with some pretty amazing women who inspire me with their strength and creativity, women who work, have families, homeschool, confront life's challenges and who STILL find the time to express themselves through this medium.

Xenia, you're one of them. Thank you for your thoughtfulness, attention to detail and generosity. Absolutely love the beautiful plate you made, my nails are now painted blue and the Almond Roca didn't make it to sunset. Can't wait to read the Nora Ephron book. Gracias, Amiga. <3 p="">

Custom plate: "Reading is dreaming with open eyes"

Check out some of the other ladies who are members of BlogLuv. :-)


7 comments:

  1. Wow that plate is amazing! Xenia sent you a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the plate and the rest of the goodies. Yumm Almond Roca!!
    I love being a part of this group with such amazing and talented women! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm really looking forward to getting to know all you, ladies. <3

      Delete
  3. Very cool gifts. I loved that book. Made me laugh. I like her style of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so amazing to me, how much we have all learned about each other. This is such a great gift. :)

    Can't wait to hear how you liked the book :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)