Monday, February 11, 2013

Slipping and Sliding

Horses grazing on hay

Lately I've felt as though I've been racing after time. Precious, precious time, my friend who reminds me that she cannot and will not stand still. Not for me or anyone else. Except on those rare occasions that she hovers to wrap her arms around me to whisper that looking back will hurt my progress and that worrying about the future is a waste of energy better spent on the present. The here and now are what matter. I know all this, but need to be reminded every now and then, that in my travels, I should only see the road one or two feet ahead ... as if through fog.

I'll get there. What's the rush?

Labradoodle loves to play i the snow


School's started and although I'm nervous and stressed about the new material, a new cohort, new professors, and a practicum, I'm too excited to mind it much. If all goes as planned, I'll be finished by next May. Then on to my job search. Now, to focus!


New England snow storm dumps three feet of snow

We had three feet of snow dumped on us over the weekend and we're bracing ourselves for a little more the end of this week. There's a part of me that's hoping (secretly wishing) to get snowed in so that I can have just a little more time to stand still.


Henry C. Hayden ©1887