Monday, February 11, 2013

Slipping and Sliding

Horses grazing on hay

Lately I've felt as though I've been racing after time. Precious, precious time, my friend who reminds me that she cannot and will not stand still. Not for me or anyone else. Except on those rare occasions that she hovers to wrap her arms around me to whisper that looking back will hurt my progress and that worrying about the future is a waste of energy better spent on the present. The here and now are what matter. I know all this, but need to be reminded every now and then, that in my travels, I should only see the road one or two feet ahead ... as if through fog.

I'll get there. What's the rush?

Labradoodle loves to play i the snow


School's started and although I'm nervous and stressed about the new material, a new cohort, new professors, and a practicum, I'm too excited to mind it much. If all goes as planned, I'll be finished by next May. Then on to my job search. Now, to focus!


New England snow storm dumps three feet of snow

We had three feet of snow dumped on us over the weekend and we're bracing ourselves for a little more the end of this week. There's a part of me that's hoping (secretly wishing) to get snowed in so that I can have just a little more time to stand still.


Henry C. Hayden ©1887

15 comments:

  1. The thrill and worry about a new semester. This was the first semester I took off and I miss school so much. I really needed the break though - I felt like I didn't know what time was anymore and not sleeping (especially with a newborn). I hope you kick ass from now till next May. And stay warm and dry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xenia, thank you for your words of encouragement. You know how it can get when you're in the thick of it and getting pulled in every direction. Soon you'll be back in school, again, and it will be like you never took time off. Promise. Un abrazo a ti y tu bebe. <3

      Delete
  2. that is one cute doggie in the snow you have there. poodle?
    good luck with school! it isn't something that excites me much but props to you for getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sabz! Albert is a labradoodle, a cross between a poodle and labrador. He's crazy.

      Delete
  3. I think it was a much needed break. I am thankful for the signs of mother nature tho it can cause heartbreak it sure helps us reflect and enjoy the things that matter most. I am glad you were all safe. Be safe with this next storm big hugs I miss ya amiga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby, I just wish it didn't take a major storm for us to take time to breathe. Miss you!

      Delete
  4. School is such an exciting and stressful experience. Embrace the challenges because they actually go by faster than you think and before you know it, you will be back in the real world. With you in spirit, you got this! Good luck this semester! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the words of encouragement, Melissa!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful intro to this post Ezzy! Sending you good energy for a wonderful last semester!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post Ezzy. You are amazing in all that you accomplish. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol You're the one who's amazing, my friend. 100% of the time.

      Delete
  7. Babe, the problem is the key, it should be a combo number so we don´t lose it haha. But them we might forget it. I love the photo of the horses. Snow is a beautiful think, we should all experience it at least once a year but not for long or else it gets too cold.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)