Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Frida Kahlo Montage to Chavela Vargas Singing Paloma Negra


Mexican music legend and ranchera singer Chavela Vargas passed away this week at the age of 93. A free-spirit and bold woman, Vargas lived what can only be described as an artist's life. Her voice will forever conjur up memories for me of coming of age in a Mexican home.

This beautiful montage of Frida Kahlo's paintings and photos of her is set to Vargas singing Paloma Negra, one of my favorite ranchera songs. I hope you enjoy the montage and are moved by the depth and emotion found in both Vargas' voice and Kahlo's work.

Here are two of Mexico's* most talented and beautiful women.

*Chavela Vargas hails from Costa Rica but "adopted" Mexico as her home.

1 comment:

  1. I never heard of her until she passed. I really like ranchero music.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)