Friday, June 1, 2012

Feeling Grateful This Friday


Today I've been asked to write about gratitude.

Where does one start, or stop, giving praise when there is so much to be grateful for?
When the mere act of being able to write these words fills me with thanks?
Gratitude is a sentiment that makes my heart swell when I gaze into my young son's eyes.
Gratitude is the place I want to be every minute of every day that God blesses me with life.
Gratitude is the food I eat when I yearn for something more.

I am grateful for ...

... the life-giving air that I breathe

... a family to love and who loves me

... having raised a son with a strong sense of self

... words left unsaid but not unwritten

... prayers answered in the darkest of times

... books, books, books -- my road to salvation

... health without which nothing else would matter

... a circle of friends more akin to sisters

... a curious mind some might call strange

... having the freedom to choose which path to take.


It is for these things, above all others, that I am grateful.


What fills you with gratitude?



Mi amiga, Bella Vida by Letty is hosting THE THINGS YOU ARE GRATEFUL FOR LINKUP. Hop on over and share your gratitude. Thank you for reading and Happy Friday! :-)

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up. This was such a sweet and thoughtful post. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez mujer- next time post a hanky alert!! ; )
    Beautifully written & perfect pictures to accompany it.
    ::blowing nose:: BB2U

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Letty, for inviting me. It's wonderful to reflect. Abrazos, Amiga.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am grateful everyday for everything, the good and the bad. I usually start by saying thank you to God that I woke up and then as I go through my day, I try to say thank you for things that are usually taken for granted - hot water in the shower, coffee in my cup, gas in my car.....Someone once said to me, "What if you only had today the things you thanked God for yesterday." Powerful! And it made me ever more grateful. I also keep a gratitude journal. Today I am grateful for you, Ezzy. I love that we have reconnected and I love seeing your face book posts. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, I love you. You are an amazing and woman and inspiring friend. Thank you for being a part of my life. I think you're the only person to have commented on my blog who I've known for 20+ plus years. Today, I am grateful for all your love and support. Thank you, my friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a beautiful post. I agree with BB "hanky alert" lol. So glad I found your blog through Letty, can't wait to read more posts. Enjoy your weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen, thank you! Very nice meeting you, too. Looking forward to getting to know you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, my friend. And I love the new blog look! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THIS! Especially, "words left unsaid but not unwritten"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you know it. If not for the pen, I'd implode.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful! I just love you amiga! Gratitude is a wonderful thing to have...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)