Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Zombie Marie Curie Teaches a Lesson in Authenticity



"But you don't become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process." Zombie Marie Curie

Tell me. How many partially finished posts do you have languishing in your blogging dashboard? Mine is littered. Here's one ...

I stumbled across this cartoon taped to the outside of a high school science classroom, during my school guidance pre-practicum, like seven months ago. The two words that caught my eye as I zoomed by were "Marie Curie," because she was a trailblazing Nobel Prize winning scientist and, "zombie," because I'm nuts about The Walking Dead.

In case you're wondering what Marie Curie and zombies have in common? Absolutamente, nada, aside from the cartoonist delivering an effective lesson in authenticity, with a thread of dork humor.

The cartoon got me thinking. Yeah, watch out. How many people get so wrapped up in achieving "x", that they forget to enjoy the journey, forget about sharing, forget about why they started "x," in the first place? Then beat themselves up when the trip to "x" isn't linear? I've seen this in business more times than I care to admit, in personal relationships, and even myself.

Thank you Zombie Marie Curie for the enlightenment.




6 comments:

  1. I like the nerdy cartoon. Very cute and has inspired me to write a post ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm all about that. We inspire each other. xoxo

      Delete
  2. I have like 3 unfinished posts...but on my new blog... coming soon girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see! You've been holding out. When are you unveiling???

      Delete
  3. woman how did I miss all these posts? LOL
    I have yet to watch walking dead

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! talk about me quedo el saco lol as you know i'm having one of those its not as bright over here as i thought it was going to be ...humph! oh well back to why i started x and the happy fun feeling i get when I do what I love when I want to do it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)