Sunday, June 17, 2012

Feels Like We're Moving at the Speed of Light


You know that weird feeling you get when you drive somewhere and don't remember how you got there? That's how last week flew by. ZOOOOOM! *lol* Woke up Wednesday a.m. in a panic, having forgotten that summer school started that same evening. The next seven weeks will be intense as we wrap up our independent research projects and start to present our findings. Everyone in my cohort will be giving a 20-minute PowerPoint presentation. Somehow I've managed to not drop dead from anxiety. Will have more to share on that front as 6/27 approaches. Too much going on between now and then to obsess. *bites nails*

This is going to be an interesting week. I'm not keen on blogging about work, as I like to keep work and personal separate, but I've got something too cool going down not to blog about it and I want to be able to share some of what I learn during this unique experience. I'm proud to say that the company I work for was selected as a finalist out of 1,200 applicants in the Mass Challenge. We move into the Accelerator in Boston this Wednesday, with 120 other companies, for the next three months. To say I'm excited and grateful to have this opportunity to learn from the best and brightest in our community would be a gross understatement. The brain power! OMG. The getting to-and-from will be interesting seeing as I'll have to take the T into town, but we'll make it work. :-)

More to come! Strapping myself in ...

Hope everyone is enjoying a peaceful weekend and Happy Father's Day to all you dads.



Harvard Square and typical graduate classroom at Cambridge College's School of Education

7 comments:

  1. Well you can't say your life is boring :)

    I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaja! Te acuerdas que this time last year I was losing my job? Como cambian las cosas de un momento a otro. Made lemonade with them lemons. Abrazos, Amiga. xxxxx

      Delete
  2. You can do it! Take charge Ezzy...You do so much and you keep on going, that is what you do... so don't stop now! Congratulations honey for being a go-getter! Ezzy! Ezzy! Ezzy!!!!!!! besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sofia, gracias! I survived last week, Amiga. Adelante. :-)

      Delete
  3. oy amiga hang in there! I am sure it's going to go a lot faster than you anticipate... If not no te duermas!!!!! lol Big Hugs so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruby! I've been surviving on my iced coconut Dunkin Donuts. :p

      Delete
  4. It is crazy how things change. So glad you are happy where you are now and you are having some very cool experiences/challenges. Adelante!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)